Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Service & Happy Hormones


Tuesday is my day to work on the South Feast bulletin. Even if Wednesday night is my deadline with the printer I stick to this schedule because I like having a comfortable lead time. Last week my schedule was thrown off. On Tuesday morning, Papa asked me to go with him to the eye doctor to get his cataract checked in far, far away Edsa Shang. That night we had a Leaders’ Meeting.
So my Wednesday was pretty hectic – getting Bo Sanchez’s article, hounding Bro Arun for his article, choosing the photos, asking attendees’ permission to print their answered prayers/thanksgiving. There were also a couple of work requests from other ministry heads I had to pencil into my planner. And since we are maid-less add to that the housework I scheduled for the day.
In between tapping on my laptop and scrubbing the bathroom tiles, I got around 5 prayer requests from people in the community and South Feast attendees. Some for health concerns, others for work problems and the most heart tugging one from a young girl who attends the South Feast. She was asking for prayers that her school will accept her promissory note so she can take her exam. As far as I know her mother is a single parent. Being a single mom myself that just brought on my sniffles.
In spite of the rush and the juggling act, I did not feel stressed at all. Doing service for others must have released some of my happy hormones.

No comments:

Post a Comment