Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dear Sir, I pray you’re dumb instead of twisted



An Open Letter to CJ Corona


Dear Sir,


I’m not a lawyer nor do I claim to have much knowledge of the law. I only had a couple of Business Law classes under you in Ateneo. What legal matters I know about your impeachment have been gleaned from my lawyer-father.


I’m writing this open letter to you because I am saddened about the images I have seen of you these past two weeks. I remember you to be a jolly person. Learning Business Law under you was quite fun. A terror professor you were not. 


I remember the last time I saw you was when my boss brought me on a client call to Combank to meet with you. You were still your jolly self even showing me that you kept your class record where my name was listed. And here’s what saddens me. You used to work in a bank so you can’t claim ignorance of the FCDU law. 


But if you misinterpreted that then I pray you truly didn’t know it rather than have you twist the law for your benefit. I believe the Lord looks more kindly on dumb people rather than on crooked ones.  


Now that the verdict has been handed down, I pray that you will find it in you to accept your fate gracefully for the benefit of our country. I believe this historic moment will start our nation in building up its moral integrity. Please don’t destroy it by having your team create a constitutional crisis with their legal maneuverings.


In Ateneo, we were taught to be a person for others. This is your chance to show how blue your blood is by doing something you have failed to do since you accepted your midnight appointment. Be a man for others. Leave your office with grace and dignity. Maybe, with your gesture, our country can start walking on the road to greatness. 


Sincerely,
Your student

2 comments:

  1. I got this open letter through an email that was also sent to many. I wonder why others have not posted any comment so far. I have to post a brief comment because I want to, in my own little way, show my appreciate for writers/bloggers like you. You speak from the heart and with a deep concern for people and events. You have shown another persona of the impeached CJ Corona, and I reckon that who is now is a mere shadow of who he was then. How sad indeed for you to witness how he had changed from a jolly good fellow to an arrogant man who showed very little respect, if none at all to the men and women of the impeachment court and to his fellow citizens. Didn't he know they were elected by the people while he was appointed by just one powerful president. Your piece is a post script that needs to be said, and I say, well said. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Jo! Thank you so much for your comment and your appreciation. Yes, it is indeed sad what happened to him. But I believe that he already accepted the verdict gracefully. There is hope for him yet as there is for anyone who turns back to God. God bless!

    ReplyDelete