Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Something New Year!


Last Sunday at the Feast Alabang, we greeted the New Year with a bang. Not with firecrackers that blow fingers and other body parts to smithereens. The whole Feast was a blast – from the Showtime-caliber dance presentation, to the rousing worship, to the enlightening talk on “Something New” by Bro Arun Gogna in his shimmery shirt that echoed the festive spirit.

Bro Arun said if you want 2011 to be an amazingly successful year, do something new.

And so I start my year with new things. The dance presentation for one. It was the Events Pillar’s entry for the supposed contest at the Feast Alabang Servants’ Christmas Party. We were asked to present it again to set the celebratory mood and greet the attendees a Happy New Year. Dance at the Feast. That’s new for me. I’ve done many things at the Feast – sing, emcee, write, decorate the stage among them. I got to do another thing I love doing –dancing.

This year ushers in another first for me. Late last year, I was asked to write for Kerygma Magazine. It was something I had been wishing for. The January 2011 issue features an article I wrote about my dreams coming true. And it has a huge picture of me – photo shopped I think, as I requested the photographer. I pray it’s the first of many articles I will write for this magazine. (I’ve submitted another one about the Commanding General of the Philippine Air Force.)

Another new thing I’m trying out is a different method to manage my time. I’ve been frustrated with my old way of micro-managing it. I read somewhere that to be successful, you have to treat each hour like an employee. Assign a task for that hour and gauge your efficiency on the things accomplished by each hour.

So I don’t miss doing something at its assigned time I have been maniacal about setting alarms to my sons’ irritation. Sometimes when they’re in deep slumber, they’d be disturbed by my alarm on snooze. Time to dress up, time to check emails, time to make the grocery list, etc., etc. I even had meals and bath times penciled in. I ended up irritated when people would ask me to do things I hadn’t included in my planner.

Well, that just didn’t work out well. So I’m trying something new. I’ll tell you about it next year if my something new is the success I’m hoping it will be.

Have a Blessed Year ahead and may you see miracles everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment