Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Virtual Dream Board

The walls of the center are beginning to fill up with dream boards posted by Alabang Feasters. Some have simple drawings. Some have clipped pictures (I can imagine the piles of magazines with holes in their pages left at home). Others are finely crafted pieces that show the hours spent on it by now sleep-deprived dreamers.

And my dream board? It’s one glorious blank! Pure, pristine, untouched. Not for the lack of dreams but for the lack of time. Oh I did plan it. I wanted to turn mine into an artwork. A watercolor of my dream house with my happy family. Maybe even paper sculpture it like the paintings I used to make. Or how about crafting it like a scrap book with embossed words like the beautiful ones Becky gives as birthday gifts.

But we’re now into the third talk of the Wish series with one more to go and I haven’t drawn a single line nor clipped a single picture. I want my dream board on that wall! So what’s this writer to do? Write about it of course. And print the link for this blog for my real dream board.

First thing that’s in my virtual dream board is my happy family. When I do my visualization exercise in the morning, I picture us on Sundays getting ready to serve in the Feast Alabang down to the youngest cute & chubby future grandchild.

Next is my dream home – a modern bahay na bato nestled in lush greenery. It has a brook that wends its way to the back of the house falling into a serenity pool. I actually have pictures of the community, the house and the rooms in a folder complete with all the details I want. I just need a picture of my writing nook/studio but I have that in my mind already. Bro Bo Sanchez said he reads his dream list every day. I look at my dream folder most days during my prayer time.

I love to travel, so that’s next. Europe with a Mediterranean cruise thrown in. The Holy Land. Revisit U.S.A and Canada with a must see trip to Harry Potter’s Wizarding World plus a stay in Disneyland Hotel this time and not the budget hotels we are used to. Japan and other nice places in Asia. And of course, our very own beautiful Philippine spots.

Transportation is a need and my dream for this is simple – a brand new family car or van that’s big enough for my family. And since that’s too bulky to bring around when I go to the gym, grocery, meetings and other stuff I do when I drive myself, I also want a personal car. A brand new late model Volkswagen beetle in cotton candy pink.

To cap it all is a successful career as a best-selling author and a balanced life coach. This is the only thing I was able to include in my real dream board.

All these can’t be contained in the 10”x13” dream board that we got. I would have needed a whole illustration board for all the details. My virtual dream board is fine by me. After all, these dreams are etched in my heart. I pray for their fulfillment In Jesus’ name. That’s a mighty powerful prayer. I just learned today at the Feast that it means: “If Jesus were in my place, He’d pray the same thing.”

Now I’m off to shake the universe into granting my heart’s desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment