Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Jewel of Truth






“She is more precious than jewels; and nothing you desire compares with her.” – Proverbs 3:15

It’s been almost a month since I’ve written a blog for this site but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been receiving my B.A.G. of Miracles lately. On the contrary, I’ve been blessed recently with a couple of answered prayers. I’ve just been remiss in glorifying the One who has been showering me with these blessings.

And so today, I will catch up by telling you about one of them. Actually I plan a series of blogs on this topic because the experience and the materials are too rich to share in just one blog. So what’s this blessing? It was my attendance last April 30 to the 2016 Jewels Conference, the first one for Jesus-empowered women ever to be held here.



The day opened with spirit-filled worship led by an all-women ensemble – from the worship leaders to the full band. Then Rissa Singson-Kawpeng introduced the theme of the conference: Seasons of Truth.

She said everything starts with the Word and because God’s Word is TRUTH, it’s just a matter of time before it comes true. Do you have a prayer that has remained unanswered for so long? Are you about to give up on that dream? Have you reached the point of frustration that you already gave God an ultimatum? Is this your prayer now: Lord, If I don’t get that boyfriend I’m praying for when I turn 30, I’m invoking leap year and catching one no matter what size, shape or form he’s in?

The truth is: if you believe in something, it becomes true. There is no need to give God a deadline.

Rissa cited the story of Judith who used both her faith and the beauty and wisdom God gave her to gain victory for her people single-handedly. The Israelites were at the point of surrender and had given God 5 days to hear their prayer. But Judith prevailed on them to let her do what she intended to help her people.

I was intrigued by her story so I read up on her in the Bible. Now she’s what I call an empowered woman! She’s my new super heroine. One other thing I loved about her is she’s a widow like me – a woman after my own heart.

So sisters, remember this: when we hold on to God’s truth and are empowered by it, we can create our own miracles!

“Rather, as we wait patiently for him to save, let us plead with him to help us. He will hear our voice if such is his good pleasure.” – Judith 8:17

No comments:

Post a Comment