Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Sweet Valentine


I just have to write this about my Valentine B.A.G of Miracles. And I have 2 hours and 14 minutes left before the Love Month ends so sorry if this is rushed.

Anyway, let me start with my B (blessing). My son bought 16 white roses the day before Valentine’s which he said he will give to the ladies in the school where he works. So thoughtful of him.

The best thing was he had one for me and my Mama too. Now, isn’t that the sweetest thing. I thought we weren’t included in his list.

My A (achievement) and G (good done for others) are in one package – I cooked a special dinner for my family. Achievement because I successfully cooked 3 new dishes. Well, let me put it this way - according to the Board of Judges, the Sausage Pasta was approved for “Party Menu”. The Chicken Chardon needs a tad more flavor but it was okay in the look and feel department.

The Bacon Wrapped Dynamite got mixed reviews. Papa and younger son liked it. Elder son’s comment was, “When did we ever like hot & spicy food?” Mama and I ate it with extreme caution considering the “accident” I had preparing it.

Word of advice: NEVER EVER AS IN EVER handle the seeds of the jalapeño pepper with bare hands. Nobody told me I needed to wear industrial gloves to take the seeds out (or to simply use a spoon and knife). Well, now I know, after getting my hands burnt while preparing that dynamite dish. I felt like my hands were on fire for about 2 hours.

But it was all worth it as my family enjoyed the dinner. It was a romantic-less way to spend Valentine’s Day but it was love-filled nevertheless.




No comments:

Post a Comment