Wednesday, November 23, 2011

From Glory to Glory to Glory (Day 1)


Top Ten

I was tired and harassed. The difficulties were piling up as I wasn’t just singing with the Grand Feast choir, I was also Production Manager for the Faith Stream.

But I was also excited! As I wrote in my last blog, I know without a doubt that the trials of serving at the Kerygma Conference will eventually bring a shower of blessings. The Lord cannot be out-given.

Little did I expect that God will send His blessings via express delivery.

The day before KCon, I was drowning in preparations for the Faith Stream: meeting, distributing t-shirts and IDs, printing car passes and signage, lists, tasks, etc., etc., etc. In the midst of all these, my elder son called and said, “Mom, guess what I’m a teacher!” I said, “Of course you are, sweetie.” He works as a pre-school teacher.

He said, “No Mom, I’m a real teacher.” Then I got it. On September 25, 2011, he took the Licensure Examination for Teachers. He passed! We had been praying about this and here was our answered prayer.

Then I asked, “Are you in the top ten?” He said he was the first to finish when he took the exam thus my hope that he will land in that magic circle. He didn’t think so. He didn’t notice his name.

I was fine with it. It was a big blessing already as only 22.68% who took the exam for elementary teachers made it.

But last Friday after the Leadership Stream, I saw 2 missed calls from him. When I returned his call, he said a friend had congratulated him on Facebook. It was only then he found out he placed seventh! Or, as my father pointed out, just 1.6 points less than the topnotcher.

Even before I got into the thick of service for KCon, God already sent a delightful surprise. It was more than what we prayed for.

Serving God in itself is glorious. It becomes even more so when He beats you to the draw.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your son for having passed the Licensure Exam for Teachers. We now have another teacher following the great Teacher! God bless all the teachers.

    For your sacrifices, Sis, always remember that God can never be outdone in generosity. Let us thank our God for this blessing in time for G2G!

    Enjoy your glory time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And God is fond of bonuses, too. Your son just wanted to pass the LET. God made him one of the topnotchers! Isn't our God so great?

    "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (Rom. 8:28).

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the number 7 is significant. It is God's number, the number of fullness, completeness and Catholicity.

    It is an affirmation that you are fully graced, completely loved and Catholic through and through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Bro Mars for such wonderful insights. It was a big blessing to listen to your talk during the KCon Faith Stream.

    ReplyDelete