Monday, September 13, 2010

Song of Praise


“God is good, all the time…”

Last Sunday’s Feast had a special format unlike the usual worship then talk that we got used to. Worship was woven into the thread of the whole talk. After Bro Arun sang some lines of the song, he asked us to partner with someone and share why God is good all the time. “What good thing did He do for you this week?”

Beside me was Louie, the son of my Caring Group mates, Rollie and Beng. He said shyly, “Tita, I can’t think of anything.” But I persisted, “it’s impossible that nothing good happened to you this week. Think of something nice that happened.” He smiled. “There was no class last Friday.” His smile got wider. “I went to two parties and had a nice time.” “There you see, “I told him, “God gave you blessings this week.” He was beaming by this time.


“He put a song of praise in this heart of mine…”

Sometimes, we need a little prodding to recall the good things that happened. Sometimes we are only grateful for the things we see, forgetting a host of other unseen blessings. But when being thankful becomes a habit, a veil is removed from our eyes and we recognize blessings instantly. Being in a state of constant gratitude is being in a constant state of praise.

“God is good all the time…”

When my turn to share came, I recalled my many blessings for the week. My elder son was given the opportunity to train as a teacher in a school he likes to work in. He has also begun to serve in the Feast – part of dream No. 1 in my Novena to God’s Love. My younger son finished his thesis. I got to watch the Citipointe Live concert for free.


“Through the darkest night, His light will shine…”

What I didn’t have time to share was the package of blessings I got that day.

  • Before the Feast started, we were checking out how the stage looked. Suddenly, I felt the floor tilting under me. The good thing was I was still able to call out that I was feeling dizzy. Belle and Myrna who were standing beside me caught me in time.
  • It happened when I was already in the Feast Alabang Center and not while I was driving. I also recovered quickly, served for two sessions and felt well enough to sing and dance in worship.
  • My Papa came when I texted him because I was afraid to drive home. He in turn was blessed. My dizzy spell allowed him to attend the Feast which he thoroughly enjoyed.
  • Standing behind them, I was treated to the beautiful image of my son hugging my father at the Grandparents’ Day pray over.

“God is good, God is good all the time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment